The Sweets & Snacks Expo is now accepting education curriculum proposals for the 2023 show being held at Chicago’s McCormick Place (May 22-25, 2023). Sweets & Snacks is looking for industry experts and thought leaders who can provide unique insights, strategies and trends with the show’s attendees of retailers, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and brokers in the confectionery and snack industries.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo provides speakers with a unique opportunity to be in front of more than 15,000 category leaders and retailers. The event welcomes more than 90 percent of the confectionery-buying market and more than 75 percent of the snack-buying market in the U.S.
Speakers at previous Sweets & Snacks Expos included: IRI, NielsenIQ, Euromonitor, PepsiCo, Mintel, The NPD Group, Profitero, Mars Wrigley, Hershey’s, Kellogg’s and more.
Benefits to speaking at Sweets & Snacks Expo:
- Two (2) All Access passes to attend the three-day show
- NOTE: all travel expenses are the responsibility of the speaker
- You and your company will be promoted in the show’s marketing efforts, beginning by February 2023
- You’ll have the opportunity to be in front of industry and category leaders at this signature event
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is seeking thought leaders and industry experts to present on the following topics:
- Generational trends and the impact on the confectionery and snacks categories; how demographic shifts are impacting candy and snacks
- Trends in retail: eCommerce, technologies, self-checkout, click and collect, voice-activated purchasing or other retail disruptions and trends affecting the candy and snacks categories
- How to incent unplanned purchases online, at self-checkout or click and collect
- Flavor trends in confectionery
- Flavor trends in snacks
- Packaging trends in confectionery and snacks
- How to succeed in the last mile
- How to leverage product and merchandising innovations to drive sales
- How to maximize seasonal sales with the Big Four and micro-seasons
- Tools, tips and proven sales successes to build business in specialty candy stores
- Social commerce and how it drives sales in confectionery and snacks categories (e.g., TikTok, Instagram, Facebook)
- Trends in better-for-you products
- The future of candy and snacks in non-traditional channels
- How to build basket size and foot traffic in specialty stores
- Changes in consumer shopping behaviors in the past two years and what’s here to stay
- Other relevant ideas for the confectionery and snacks categories
To submit an idea for consideration, please use the form below that needs to be completed in its entirety. Submit your application by no later than Wednesday, November 30 to be considered.
Selected speakers will be notified via email by Friday, December 16.
Please note: Presenters must be available to speak from May 22 – 25, 2023 when submitting a proposal. If accepted, the final date and time of presentation will be provided by February 1, 2023. All presenters and panelists are responsible for their own travel, hotel reservations and expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact Lynn Wylie.
Please be sure to have all the necessary information prepared before completing the form below, as partial entries cannot be saved.