Submission Deadline: December 1, 2020
Please be sure to have all the necessary information available when completing this form, as you must enter all information in order to submit.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is now accepting proposals for its 2021 Sweet Insights learning program, scheduled for June 22-25, 2021, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. As the signature event for the confectionery and snack industries, the Sweets & Snacks Expo is seeking thought leaders and dynamic speakers who can provide unique insights, strategies and solutions to the trade show’s attendees.
Selected speakers will receive a number of benefits including complimentary admission to the Sweets & Snacks Expo and the opportunity to engage with category leaders. Speakers will be prominently featured in print and digital Expo marketing.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is seeking experts to deliver relevant candy and snack insights and solutions for the following topics – including the impact of COVID-19 on each topic, if appropriate:
- E-commerce sales and shopper behavior across all major online retailers (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Candy.com);
- Industry implications and potential solutions for click-and-collect, frictionless checkout and home delivery;
- New technologies in on-shelf merchandising and aisle reinvention;
- The latest shopping behavior trends effecting Gen Z, millennials, Gen X and baby boomers;
- Domestic and international flavor trends;
- Seasonal shopping trends and best practices in seasonal retailing;
- The fast-growing novelty candy and licensing segments, including actionable insights for retailers;
- CBD in confectionery and snack products;
- The opportunities and challenges of buying local;
- Tapping into influencers to build a brand;
- The store of the future, particularly projections for center store;
- The lasting impact of COVID-19 on the candy and snack categories;
- Shopper loyalty in a COVID-19 world;
- The summer merchandising opportunity and fostering summer as the “fifth season;” and
- Other topics relevant to confections, snacks and specialty products.
To submit an idea for consideration, please use the form below and keep these guidelines in mind:
- Your submission should contain no more than 250 words. Please identify specific proposed speakers and include a short bio of each presenter. A link to a video of previous speaking engagements is preferred.
- To be considered for an educational session, each abstract MUST exhibit a clear benefit for Expo attendees and have three specific learning outcomes that indicate the insights that Expo attendees will gain from the session.
- December 7, 2020: Session approvals will be sent to presenters.
- December 18, 2020: Speaker agreements, a high resolution company logo and speaker’s headshots and bio are due to NCA.
- December 7 – 18, 2020: Conference calls are held with all speakers to review program format and answer any questions.
- January 8, 2021: Program brief with final title and key insights must be submitted.
- May 7, 2021: Speakers submit information for badges and guests.
- May 7, 2021: Draft presentations are due.
- June 1, 2021: Final presentation deadline, no exceptions.
- June 22 – 25, 2021: Sweets & Snacks Expo takes place at Indiana Convention Center, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Please note: Presenters must have availability from June 22-25 when submitting a proposal. Final date and time of presentation, if accepted, will be provided by January 15, 2021. All presenters and panelists are responsible for their own travel, hotel reservations and expenses.
If your session proposal is accepted, NCA staff will contact you to confirm the session date, time and logistics. Correspondence will include:
- A set of speaker guidelines;
- A presentation slide template; and
- A list of your key contacts for any questions or additional information.
If you require assistance in submitting your abstract, or have questions, please contact Lynn Wylie.
Please be sure to have all the necessary information prepared before completing the form below, as partial entries cannot be saved.