Submission Deadline: October 15, 2020
Please be sure to have all the necessary information available when completing this form, as you must enter all information in order to submit.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is now accepting proposals for its 2020 Sweet Insights learning program. As the signature event for the confectionery and snack industries, the Sweets & Snacks Expo at Chicago’s McCormick Place (May 24 – 27, 2020) is seeking thought leaders and dynamic speakers who can provide unique insights, strategies and solutions to the trade show’s attendees.
Hosted by the National Confectioners Association, the Sweets & Snacks Expo provides speakers with an unparalleled venue to showcase their area of expertise as the event welcomes more than 90 percent of the confectionery buying market and more than 75 percent of the snack buying market.
Learn more about the presentation requirements and the kinds of topics NCA is seeking in this press release.
Selected speakers will receive a number of benefits including complimentary admission to the Sweets & Snacks Expo and the opportunity to engage with category leaders. Speakers will be prominently featured in print and digital Expo marketing.
To submit an idea for consideration, please use the form below and keep these guidelines in mind:
- Your submission should contain no more than 250 words. Please identify specific proposed speakers and include a short bio of each presenter. A link to a video of previous speaking engagements is preferred.
- To be considered for an educational session, each abstract MUST exhibit a clear benefit for Expo attendees and have three specific learning outcomes that indicate the insights that Expo attendees will gain from the session.
- November 1, 2020: Session approvals will be sent to presenters.
- November 15, 2020: Speaker agreements, a high resolution company logo and speaker’s headshots and bio are due to NCA.
- November 2020: Conference calls are held with all speakers to review program format and answer any questions.
- December 2020: SProgram brief with final title and key insights must be submitted.
- March 2021: Speakers submit information for badges and guests.
- April 2021: Draft presentations are due.
- May 1, 2021: Final presentation deadline, no exceptions.
- May 24 – 27, 2021: Sweets & Snacks Expo takes place at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Please note: Presenters must have availability for all three days of Expo when submitting a proposal. Final date and time of presentation, if accepted, will be provided by January 15, 2021. All presenters and panelists are responsible for their own travel, hotel reservations and expenses.
If your session proposal is accepted, NCA staff will contact you to confirm the session date, time and logistics. Correspondence will include:
- A set of speaker guidelines;
- A presentation slide template; and
- A list of your key contacts for any questions or additional information.
If you require assistance in submitting your abstract, or have questions, please contact Lynn Wylie.
Please be sure to have all the necessary information prepared before completing the form below, as partial entries cannot be saved.