We are excited to hold the 2021 Sweets & Snacks Expo at the Indiana Convention Center from June 23-25, with a special pre-show day on June 22. The venue is walkable with many hotels providing direct access to the convention center via skywalks and breezeways, alleviating the need for local transportation.
The City of Indianapolis has invested $7 million in convention center upgrades since March 2020, including installing hospital-grade air filtration, touchless doors, Clorox 360 sanitation, hand sanitizer stations, safe concessions and dining areas and more. The venue has safely hosted more than 30 events since August 2020 and will host the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament in March and April 2021.
Following the facility upgrades, the convention center achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation and received the National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) Clean Air Award, which recognizes the implementation of stringent cleaning protocols and best practices for air filtration. For more information, please see the Indiana Convention Center health and safety measures overview.
While the 2021 show presents us with the opportunity to get back to business, we recognize that this year will be a little different. Sweets & Snacks Expo attendee safety is our top priority. We are taking steps to bolster the world-class safety protocols already in place at the convention center in part by eliminating sponsored food and beverage receptions and discouraging large off-site events and gatherings. To encourage a safe and successful show, we are providing the following resources and highlighting some of the COVID-19 protocols that you can expect to see on site:
- We will require everyone to wear face coverings.
- Daily temperature checks using non-invasive thermal devices will be required to enter the building.
- Enhanced physical cleaning will be a priority with hourly sanitizing of high-traffic areas throughout the show floor and common areas, including doorways, elevators and escalators.
- We will require social distancing, promote frequent hand washing, install sanitizing stations throughout the show and provide hand sanitizer to everyone in attendance.
- There will be dedicated entry and exit points, and more access areas to the exhibit halls to spread people more evenly throughout the facility.
- We will employ a touchless badge pickup system with more locations and longer hours to reduce crowding at registration.
- Education sessions will embrace smart, socially-distanced seating.
- All product samples must be individually wrapped for consumption off the show floor.
- Exhibitors are required to bring sanitizing wipes to keep booth surfaces clean and structure their booths to allow for social distancing.
Still have questions about health and safety protocols in place at the 2021 Sweets & Snacks Expo? These resources may help.
The Indiana Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the Indiana Convention Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facilities.
NAFA Clean Air Award has been instituted by National Air Filtration Association in order to promote and recognize the use of high efficiency filtration products and good maintenance practices. It is presented for an outstanding effort in maintaining a clean and healthy indoor work environment, while reducing overall operating costs.