To encourage safety and caution, show management will:
- Require face coverings, frequent hand washing and social distancing;
- Significantly increase entrance and exit areas to the exhibit halls to spread out gatherings of people more evenly throughout the facilities;
- Designate entrance and exit areas to control and screen visitors with discrete daily health queries, incorporating non-invasive thermal devices, etc.;
- Install hand sanitizing stations throughout the show and provide hand sanitizer to every individual attending the show;
- Enhance physical cleaning with hourly sanitizing of high-traffic areas throughout the show floor and common areas, including doorways, elevators and escalators; and
- Collaborate with the Indiana Convention Center in their advancements to be among the first in the nation to pursue certification for safety measures aimed at outbreak prevention through actions such as sanitizing the facility nightly.
Still have questions about health and safety protocols in place at the 2021 Sweets & Snacks Expo? These resources may help.
The Indiana Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the Indiana Convention Center has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facilities.
NAFA Clean Air Award has been instituted by National Air Filtration Association in order to promote and recognize the use of high efficiency filtration products and good maintenance practices. It is presented for an outstanding effort in maintaining a clean and healthy indoor work environment, while reducing overall operating costs.