WASHINGTON – Looking for an opportunity to share your expertise with the confectionery and snack worlds? You’re in luck: the Sweets & Snacks Expo is now accepting education curriculum proposals for the 2023 show. Sweets & Snacks is looking for industry experts and thought leaders who can provide unique insights, strategies and trends to the show’s attendees of retailers, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and brokers in the confectionery and snack industries.
You can also be part of history, as the 2023 show will be held from May 22-25 at Chicago’s McCormick Place – the last year in this iconic location before the show moves to a decade of rotating locations. The Sweets & Snacks Expo provides speakers with a unique opportunity to present as a thought leader to more than 15,000 category leaders and retailers.
Benefits to speaking at Sweets & Snacks Expo:
- Two (2) All Access passes to attend the three-day show (NOTE: all travel expenses are the responsibility of the speaker)
- You and your company will be promoted in the show’s extensive marketing efforts, beginning in January 2023
- You will be in front of industry and category leaders with the education session at this signature industry event
- Generational trends and the impact on the confectionery and snacks categories
- Trends in retail: eCommerce, technologies, self-checkout, click and collect, voice-activated purchasing or other relevant topics
- How to incent unplanned purchases online, at self-checkout or click and collect
- Social marketing trends
- Flavor trends in confectionery and snacks
- Packaging trends in confectionery and snacks
- How to succeed in the last mile
- How to leverage product and merchandising innovations to drive sales
- Tools, tips and proven sales successes to build business in specialty candy stores
- Social commerce and how it drives sales in confectionery and snacks categories
- Trends in better-for-you products
- The future of candy and snacks in non-traditional channels
- Snacking shopper behavior
- Other relevant ideas for the industry
All proposals are due no later than November 30, 2022. To submit a proposal, all potential speakers should visit SweetsAndSnacks.com/Call-For-Speakers.
# # #
About Sweets & Snacks Expo
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is the premier event for the confectionery and snack industries. Featuring new product launches, business-building solutions and merchandising innovations, this annual trade show brings together qualified candy and snack retail professionals and company representatives who showcase the latest in candy and snack products. The event is sponsored by the National Confectioners Association. Learn more at SweetsAndSnacks.com.
About the National Confectioners Association (NCA):
The National Confectioners Association is the leading trade organization for the U.S. confectionery industry, which generates $37.5 billion in retail sales each year. NCA advocates for an environment that enables candy makers to thrive and works to ensure that chocolate, candy, gum and mints are celebrated for their contributions to culture, society, the economy and everyday moments of joy. The industry employs nearly 58,000 workers in more than 1,600 manufacturing facilities across all 50 states and supports an additional 635,000 jobs in related fields. The U.S. confectionery industry has made a commitment to increasing transparency, providing more portion guidance options and educating consumers about the role of confectionery in a happy, balanced lifestyle. Learn more at CandyUSA.com or follow NCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.