Why is the Expo moving to Indianapolis?
As of October 2020, the state of Illinois and the city of Chicago remain under coronavirus-related restrictions and do not permit the convening of trade shows like Sweets & Snacks Expo.
Together with the Board of Trustees and the Sweets & Snacks Expo Committee, the National Confectioners Association made the decision to move Sweets & Snacks Expo out of Chicago’s McCormick Place in 2021.
Will the show be permanently moving to Indianapolis?
No. Sweets & Snacks Expo will return to Chicago’s McCormick Place May 23-26, 2022.
What are you going to do to make the show safe? Will masks be required?
The health and safety of Sweets & Snacks Expo exhibitors, attendees, support staff and convention center employees are our number one priority.
Sweets & Snacks Expo management will follow the COVID-19 preparedness and safety guidelines developed by the Indiana Convention Center, the city of Indianapolis and public health authorities as they evolve.
The Indiana Convention Center’s COVID-19 safety plan currently includes:
- Health department approval and input required for large events
- Temperature and health screenings
- Face coverings in common areas and event spaces
- Built-in six-foot physical distancing measures for floor plans, seating areas, and crowd management
- Limited and designated entry and exit doors
- One-way travel markers in hallways and corridors
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations
- 24/7 air circulation and hospital-grade air filters
- Plexiglass shields at all service areas
- Modified food service policies, including cashless and touchless point of sale, in subsequent stages (when allowed)
- Enhanced training on COVID-19 related practices and protocols for all staff
The Indiana Convention Center is currently holding events with these and other social distancing guidelines in place, and we will be working closely with ICC to ensure a healthy and safe environment in June 2021.
Exhibitor 2021 FAQ
Booth Space & Brand Marketing
Sweets & Snacks Expo Features