The Sweets & Snacks Expo is now accepting proposals for its 2021 Sweet Insights education program. As the signature event for the confectionery and snack industries, the Sweets & Snacks Expo at Chicago’s McCormick Place (May 24 – 27, 2021) is seeking dynamic thought leaders who can provide unique insights, trends and solutions to the trade show’s attendees to accelerate category growth for candy and snacks.
Hosted by the National Confectioners Association, the Sweets & Snacks Expo provides speakers with a tremendous venue to showcase their area of expertise as the event welcomes more than 90 percent of the confectionery buying market and more than 75 percent of the snack buying market. Our past speakers have included leaders from major companies like IBM, Google, Pinterest, Mintel, Euromonitor and IRI.
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is seeking experts to deliver relevant candy and snack insights and solutions for the following topics – including the impact of COVID-19 on each topic, if appropriate:
- E-commerce sales and shopper behavior across all major online retailers (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Candy.com);
- Industry implications and potential solutions for click-and-collect, frictionless checkout and home delivery;
- New technologies in on-shelf merchandising and aisle reinvention;
- The latest shopping behavior trends effecting Gen Z, millennials, Gen X and baby boomers;
- Domestic and international flavor trends;
- Halloween shopping trends and best practices in Halloween retailing;
- The fast-growing novelty candy and licensing segments, including actionable insights for retailers;
- CBD in confectionery and snack products;
- The opportunities and challenges of buying local;
- Tapping into influencers to build a brand;
- The store of the future, particularly projections for center store;
- The lasting impact of COVID-19 on the candy and snack categories;
- Shopper loyalty in a post-COVID-19 world;
- The summer merchandising opportunity and fostering summer as the “fifth season;” and
- Other topics relevant to confections, snacks and specialty products.
Selected speakers must have experience presenting their insights to large groups in down-to-earth language. Presentations should include three essential components:
- Rich insights backed by relevant facts/research;
- Explicit implications and opportunities for our category decision-makers; and
- Actionable recommendations that leaders can execute short- and long-term to drive category expansion.
Speakers will receive a number of benefits including complimentary admission to the Sweets & Snacks Expo and the opportunity to engage and build credibility with category leaders. Speakers will be prominent featured throughout all Sweets & Snacks Expo extensive marketing platforms.
All proposals are due no later than October 15, 2020. To submit a proposal, all potential speakers should visit sweetsandsnacks.com/call-for-speakers.
# # #
About the National Confectioners Association (NCA)
The National Confectioners Association is the trade organization that advances, protects and promotes the unique role of chocolate, candy, gum and mints in a happy, balanced lifestyle and the companies that make these special treats. Through advocacy and regulatory guidance, communications, industry insights and retail and supply chain engagement, NCA helps foster an environment that enables candy makers to thrive. Confections are produced in all 50 states, creating jobs for approximately 54,000 workers in more than 1,300 manufacturing facilities across the country. Learn more at AlwaysATreat.com or follow NCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About the Sweets & Snacks Expo
Sponsored by the National Confectioners Association, the Sweets & Snacks Expo is the confectionery and snack industry’s most successful, world-class event. It is unrivaled in new product launches, business building solutions and innovations in merchandising. Qualified candy and snack professionals attend with global presence from 90 countries. More than 800 companies displaying the latest in candy and snack products participate in the Expo. The event is held each May at Chicago’s McCormick Place.