MINPA winners set flavor and product trends across industry and beyond
Chicago – The annual Most Innovative New Product Awards have kicked off the 25th Sweets & Snacks Expo by recognizing this year’s most innovative confectionery and snack products and the companies that created them. These products have been developed over the last year and are now available on store shelves or will be made available to shoppers in the coming months.
“Innovation puts the candy and snack categories in the driver’s seat when it comes to flavor and product trends, and the 2022 Most Innovative New Product Awards continue to highlight those that accelerate us into the future,” John Downs, president and CEO of the National Confectioners Association, said. “Consumers have been making life at home a little more enjoyable over the past two years by incorporating their favorite treat or snack into their lives in a way that has brought a variety of new flavors and fun to their daily routines.”
Retail leaders representing 85% of the confectionery and snack categories’ buying power served as judges across the 13 categories that comprise the Most Innovative New Product Awards, including Small Business Innovator and the highly coveted Best in Show designation, and ultimately evaluated more than 300 candy and snacks.
The winners of the Most Innovative New Products Awards are as follows:
- Best in Show: Trü Frü, LLC. Natures Strawberries Hyper-Chilled Fresh in Ruby Cacao
- Small Business Innovator: Carrot Bacon – Carolina Smoke
- Chocolate: Lindt & Sprüngli (USA), Inc. Lindt CLASSIC RECIPE OatMilk
- Non-Chocolate: Ferrara Nerds Gummy Clusters Very Berry 8oz
- Gum & Mints: Mars Wrigley US EXTRA Refreshers Fruity Mix Sugar-Free Chewing Gum
- Salty Snacks: KrackCorn, LLC KrackCorn Original Family Size
- Sweet Snacks: The Hershey Company Reese’s Snack Bar
- Meat Snacks: 4505 Meats Chile Limon Chicharrones
- Savory Snacks: Pecan Nation Cinnamon Healthy Snacking Pecans
- Novelty/Licensed: Jelly Belly Candy Company Jelly Belly Harry Potter™ Butterbeer™ Barrel Tin
- Seasonal: Ferrero NA Kinder Holiday Mix Countdown Calendar
- Gourmet/Premium | Candy: Ferrero North America Nutella B-Ready
- Gourmet/Premium | Snack: Trü Frü, LLC Natures Strawberries Hyper-Dried Fresh and Immersed in Crème
Additionally, the 2022 Sweets & Snacks Expo announced the winners of the Golden and Silver Candy Dish Awards and the Woman of Influence Award during Monday’s presentation:
- 2022 Golden Candy Dish Award: Kathy Corcoran, vice president at Premier Specialty
- 2022 Silver Candy Dish Award: Lois Anthony, director of sales at PEZ
- 2022 Woman of Influence Award: Emily Edmondson, sales director at Galerie
To set up an interview with a Sweets & Snacks Expo spokesperson, please email Lauren Boland – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the official Sweets & Snacks Expo Media Kit for more information on the show and media resources.
About the National Confectioners Association (NCA):
The National Confectioners Association is the leading trade organization for the U.S. confectionery industry, which generates $42 billion in retail sales each year. NCA advocates for an environment that enables candy makers to thrive and works to ensure that chocolate, candy, gum and mints are celebrated for their contributions to culture, society, the economy and everyday moments of joy. The industry employs nearly 58,000 workers in more than 1,600 manufacturing facilities across all 50 states and supports an additional 635,000 jobs in related fields. The U.S. confectionery industry has made a commitment to increasing transparency, providing more portion guidance options and educating consumers about the role of confectionery in a happy, balanced lifestyle. Learn more at CandyUSA.com or follow NCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Sweets & Snacks Expo
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is the premier event for the confectionery and snack industries. Featuring new product launches, business-building solutions and merchandising innovations, this annual trade show brings together qualified candy and snack retail professionals and company representatives who showcase the latest in candy and snack products. The event is sponsored by the National Confectioners Association. Learn more at SweetsAndSnacks.com.