Chicago – The 2022 Sweets & Snacks Expo opens this morning with a celebration of its 25-year history and the category innovation that continues to push the confectionery and snack industries into the future. This year’s event focuses on the show’s evolution over the past 25 years and its history of offering new confectionery and snack products, actionable insights and opportunities for members of the confectionery and snack industries to connect.
“There’s no better way to celebrate this milestone anniversary for the Sweets & Snacks Expo than in Chicago with the full industry on display,” John Downs, president and CEO of the National Confectioners Association, said. “Throughout its history, the show has served as a launch pad for new products and companies and brought new ideas to the forefront of the candy and snack industries. I am proud of the work we have done to make the Sweets & Snacks Expo the premier trade show for the candy and snack industries, and I can’t wait to see what the next 25 years of innovation looks like from these dynamic and resilient categories.”
The 2022 Sweets & Snacks Expo by the numbers:
Historically, the Sweets & Snacks Expo has had a $21 million economic impact to the City of Chicago. This year’s show offers:
- Nearly 700 exhibitors;
- More than 110 exhibitors in the Suppler Showcase;
- Total show attendance of nearly 16,000 attendees; and
- 4.5 acres of candy and snack innovation.
Attendees at the 2022 Sweets & Snacks Expo will get the first look at the latest candy and snack products, including those that are driving these key trends:
- S’more Variety: You won’t need a campfire to enjoy the quintessential taste of summer. S’mores flavored treats – and everything you need to make them – are taking over this summer and throughout the year.
- Flavor Intensity: Salty, sweet or turn up the heat? There’s something for everyone looking for a more intense flavor in their favorite treat. Look out for flavor extremes: amp up that sour flavor, introduce some heat into your sweet or pick the spiciest chip.
- Newstalgia: This year, it’s all about “newstalgia” featuring fresh and innovative twists on the classics you know and love. It’s treating like you’ve never experienced before.
- All About Options: Everyone treats a little differently, which is why confectionery and snack companies are offering a range of package sizes and product types to meet every occasion.
To set up an interview with a Sweets & Snacks Expo spokesperson, please email Lauren Boland – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the official Sweets & Snacks Expo Media Kit for more information on the show and media resources.
About the National Confectioners Association (NCA):
The National Confectioners Association is the leading trade organization for the U.S. confectionery industry, which generates more than $37 billion in retail sales each year. Making chocolate, candy, gum and mints, the industry employs nearly 58,000 workers in more than 1,600 manufacturing facilities across all 50 states. NCA advocates for an environment that enables candy makers to thrive and work to ensure that chocolate and candy are celebrated for their contributions to culture, society, the economy and everyday moments of joy. Learn more at CandyUSA.com or follow NCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Sweets & Snacks Expo
The Sweets & Snacks Expo is the premier event for the confectionery and snack industries. Featuring new product launches, business-building solutions and merchandising innovations, this annual trade show brings together qualified candy and snack retail professionals and company representatives who showcase the latest in candy and snack products. The event is sponsored by the National Confectioners Association. Learn more at SweetsAndSnacks.com.